News from School

Dear Parents/Carers,

I have sent out so many messages about Covid 19, I thought it would be a good idea to have a Covid free one!

Sponsored Event

Firstly, I would like to thank you all for your generosity with our sponsored events. We have raised well over £1,500 which means we will be able to buy resources for all the classes for playtime. These have already started to come into school as you can see below.

Curriculum

It has been the strangest term but throughout the staff have worked tirelessly to keep children safe and deliver an interesting curriculum. The children have benefited from all kinds of activities including fossil hunting, forest schools, dinosaur maths, spy science, film making, Spy School Days, thinking skills activities, Kahoot quizes, code breaking and learning about electricity. I would like to thank all the staff for their hard work, but also congratulate the children for their resilience and positivity. Well done all!

Facebook

Unfortunately, there have been a couple of unpleasant comments on Facebook again about staff. Can I please remind parents that Facebook is not an appropriate place to vent frustrations, most of which are innaccurate. Staff cannot reply to this type of negativity and it is always a one sided point of view. Please contact the school if you have any issues. I am happy to discuss any concerns or suggestions with parents and carers.

Enterprise Fortnight

As part of our Curriculum Pioneer work, all the Junior classes will again be carrying out an Enterprise Project in November. Each class will be given £25 to buy materials and they will work out costs and prices before taking on different roles in their ‘business’!

As you are aware, we cannot hold an event like the one we had last year when parents, LEA staff and local business were able to come and see the children’s work. However, we will be running Enterprise online instead. Your child’s class teacher will send more information nearer to the time.

The Infants will be making Christmas Cards to sell for their classes and these will be displayed and orders taken separately in the next few weeks.

The profit each class makes will be given directly to the class to spend on treats or equipment that they chose. This could include wet playtime games, a film afternoon with refreshments, sponsoring an acre of Rainforest, charitable donations or art and craft activities. The choice is the children’s and they are usually very imaginative!

Drinks and snacks in school

Just a reminder that all children should bring a named water bottle to school. This can be filled up during the day. Pupils may also bring a fruit snack to school. We do not allow any other type of snack, including cereal or fruit bars.

I hope you all have a restful half term and we look forward to seeing the children back in school on Tuesday 3rd November.

Warm regards,

Mrs Woodford