Coronavirus update

We are preparing for school closure tomorrow and things are very busy!

Parents have asked questions about work which I will attempt to answer.

1) Where can I get work for my children?

There are already ideas about how to teach spelling, maths booklets and work packs on the website. All teachers have developed further work ideas/packs for their classes. All children who are in school tomorrow will receive a paper pack of work. These will also be uploaded onto the school website under the ‘News’ section:

https://crynallt-primary-school.j2bloggy.com/

If you would like a paper copy and your child is not at school you can do one of two things:

1) Come to the main office from 2pm tomorrow afternoon to collect a copy. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO SCHOOL IF YOU ARE SELF ISOLATING!

2) Arrange for another pupil/friend to collect a copy and drop it in for you.

What if my child runs out of work?

There are lots of links to useful websites under the ‘News’ section of our school site. You can also do a very large range of practical activities such as cooking, gardening, junk modelling, den building, art and craft and sand/water play. If the closure lasts beyond the Easter Break teachers will use class dojo/Hwb to set further work for your children. I will also be updating the website with as many new ideas as possible.

The school is now very understaffed- we have 18 staff absent. One or two have a cough/cold but most are self isolating as a precuationary measure due to a family member having a cough/fever. Please bear with us at this difficult time.

Class dojo is very slow at the moment as so many schools are using it. Again, please bear with us if you do not get an answer to a message- it may not have come through.

Finally, if you are employed with the NHS, police, fire service, care sector or childcare, please ring the school office to let us know, if you haven’t already done so.