Positive Case of Covid 19
Please find below a letter from Track, Trace and Protect. Only children from the Reception class have been affected and a separate letter has gone to their parents/carers.
Sunday 28th March 2021
Dear Parent or Carer,
Re: Information regarding a confirmed case of coronavirus in a pupil at Crynallt Primary School, Afan Valley Road, Cimla, Neath, SA11 3AZ
NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect has been informed of a confirmed case of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in Crynallt Primary School.
Crynallt Primary School, remains open for pupils after the Easter Break. It is working closely with Public Health Wales, the Local Authority and NHS Wales Test, Trace and Protect to ensure that all the appropriate measures are in place to protect students, staff and the wider community. This letter is to inform you of the current situation and to provide advice on how to support your child.
All close contacts of the case have been identified and have received appropriate advice to self-isolate. Your child has not been identified as a close contact and therefore does not need to self-isolate and does not require testing for COVID-19. They can continue to attend Crynallt Primary School, as usual.
However, as a precaution, please be alert for any symptoms of COVID-19:
- A new or continuous cough
- A high temperature
- A loss of or change to sense of smell or taste
If your child develops any of these symptoms, even if they are mild:
- Book a test for them by phoning 01639 862757 or 119 or through the online portal: https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
- Inform Crynallt Primary School that they are unwell with COVID-19 symptoms and that you have requested a test
- Your child should self-isolate for 10 days from when their symptoms started
- All other household members should isolate for 14 days from when your child developed symptoms
- Do not visit a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital but if you require medical advice please contact NHS 111 or telephone your GP; if there is a medical emergency phone 999
- Please follow the advice provided when your child receives their test result
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading, there are things that everyone in your family can do to help. These include:
- washing hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- using hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- washing hands as soon as they get home
- covering their mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not their hands) when they cough or sneeze
- putting used tissues in the bin immediately and washing hands afterwards
Further information on symptoms and self-isolation can be found here https://gov.wales/symptoms-and-self-isolation-contact-tracing
Further formation on Test, Trace, Protect can be found here https://gov.wales/test-trace-protect-coronavirus
For general information on COVID-19 https://gov.wales/protect-yourself-others-coronavirus
The COVID-19 online symptom checker can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do https://gov.wales/check-if-you-need-coronavirus-medical-help
With best wishes
Helen Woodford (Headteacher)